We are very excited to announce our next 100 People Who Care Surrey meeting!
Come join us Wed November 13th from 7-8pm at our very cool venue, The Modern General Store in South Surrey
If you have been thinking about simple but meaningful ways to give back to your community our grass roots group could be the perfect for for you!
Below is everything you need to know …
- We meet 3-4 times a year.
- Prior to our meetings our members nominate a local charity or organization close to their heart.
- We randomly draw three charities to present at our next meeting.
- Each charity gives a 5-7 minute presentation to discuss their mandate and how they serve the community (no images or powerpoint)
- Immediately following the presentation our members vote (by secret ballot) for which organization will receive our collective donation.
- Each member is committed to submit $50 by way of cheque, cash or online donation to that organization.
To make sure our members fully understand the scope and reach of each organization the three presenters are asked to touch on the following talking points:
- Who do you serve
- Where do you serve
- How many do you serve annually
- How are your clients referred to you
- How do you fund your organization
- Who works for your organization ie: paid staff vs volunteers
- How do you allocate your funding annually
- Where will the funds raised at the meeting be spent
- Are you in need of volunteers and if so, in what roles
So book a babysitter, find a date or call your tribe and come join us on Wednesday November 13th! With a wine and cheese social to follow the meeting – 8-9pm – you have no more reasons to sit on the sidelines!
We will be drawing for our 3rd charity soon … don’t forget to nominate a charity close to your heart.
You can nominate your favorite charity HERE
(PS: your charity must serve in Surrey, White Rock, Delta, Cloverdale or Langley.)
And don’t forget, most importantly we need your commitment! Register your attendance and $50.00 commitment HERE
You can also visit us / LIKE US on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/100PeopleSurrey/ to learn more.